Followers

Friday 19 July 2013

Splodgeaway Favourite Technique

My favourite technique using Splodgeaway masks is embossing craft metal.  Sometimes I cover the embossed metal with Acrylic paint and then take a lot of the paint off.  This way the paint stays in the embossed bits of the metal.

On this occasion I decided to leave off the acrylic paint and have a clean look.
I made two embossed backgrounds and on the first card used a piece of ribbon and a Happy Birthday sentiment, this was then matted onto black card.

On the second card I added a piece of craft metal which was heat embossed in black and using an Oak Tree stamp.  All the elements were then mounted on to 8 x 8 Kraft card.

I've added a photo to show how deep the pattern is when using the Splodgeaway masks as an embossing tool.






2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Yvonne. I have commented on the Splodge away blog.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work as always Yvonne....have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete