Followers

Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Beginnings - Claritystamp Challenge - Happy Hogmanay

.May I take this opportunity to wish all my followers and visitors to my blog a very Happy New Year.  May all your wishes and dreams come true for 2014.  I'd also like to thank you for your comments for which I am very grateful and never take them for granted.

It's certainly a time of new Beginings for myself and my husband as we moved house a few weeks ago from Warwickshire to the Somerset/Dorset border.  We still haven't got a place for everything and certainly everything isn't yet in its place!  So far so good though - we're absolutely loving it.

It seems very fitting at this time that the subject for the Claritystamp Challenge is indeed New Beginings.  For my piece of inspiration I decided to make a Happy Hogmanay card. This gave me the perfect excuse to use a lovely piece of tartan ribbon and of course the Clarity Deerscape stamp.  This is my first Design a Team project using the Gelliplate, I loved it and resolve to use it much more during the coming year.  The Meadowdance stamp goes perfectly with the Deer stamp which reminded me of the Hogmanay celebrations.  The sentiment was also stamped onto a Gelli print using the new shapes to use with the Letterbox set.  I chose the diamond shape as it reminded me of Argyle to follow the Scottish theme.  This was all finished off with a brushing of Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink through the dotty wave stencil - of course using one of the Clarity Stencil brushes which I find so useful for many projects.





10 comments:

  1. Happy New year Yvonne. I really love the vibrancy of this card. Your colour co-ordination between the ribbon and background is spot on! I have those stamps so I may steal the idea from you (sorry but it is too good not too) lol. Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Yvonne! Wonderful colour combination and design xx Happy 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Emma and Janet.
    Emma of course I would be very flattered if you used the idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super texture and colours achieved with the gelli plate Yvonne, love the movement in it and this is echoed with the meadow dance stamp, just fantastic. Love the project entirely. Happy New Year hope it will be the best ever. Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this one Yvonne. The Gelli print is fab and the ribbon sets it off so well. Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Yvonne! xxx
    Wonderful colours, fab card, lovely design.. and match perfectly with the ribbon! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. just love this Yvonne wonderful colours everything just matches everything else perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Yvonne, I am sure it is going to be an amazing year for you. I love the vibrant colours of your card and such a clever idea. ( I loved the other card too...wink...wink...) ...looking forward to catching up with you later this year...his. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pleased you're settling into your new house, but it always takes time to find new places for everything doesn't it? I think it's great how we get our inspiration from certain items and build our projects from that item or colour. Can't wait to see your projects in 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect bright start to the New Year. Hope your house move has got sorted now and you are beginning to find things. I could not even think about moving house, the very idea of moving all my craft stuff would fill me with total dread. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete