Followers

Sunday 1 March 2015

PanPastel Challenge - Stencil It

A new Challenge over on the PanPastel Blog, perfect for me as I have a shed load of stencils!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed making this project which I started by using Grunge Paste through my stencil then leaving it to dry.  Once it was dry, which doesn't take very long, I covered the whole page with the light blue then I replaced the stencil and coloured through with the red, black and green (notice the green tended to mix with the red which gave me a much more natural colour for the stems, leaves and pods.

The next process changed everything, I again replaced the stencil and sponged Versamark through it and covered it with clear embossing powder, I did this three times until I achieved a glossy surface on the flowers.  Hopefully you can see this a bit clearer on the close up picture.  

A pale blue Promarker was used around the edges of the flowers as hilight.

Thank you so much for popping in today.








6 comments:

  1. This is even more classy in real life. Definitely a technique to repeat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous result Yvonne, the poppy look so fabulous, and a great technique too. Hugs P xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Yvonne. love this. it looks ace, need to give it a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Yvonne, and the poppies look great with the glossy finish...I must give this a go...thanks for the inspiration...hugs..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, haven't used pan pantelis like this, going to have to try it. Love the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this effect Yvonne. I've never tried using pan pastels over grunge paste but I will now! Pat x

    ReplyDelete